Backup apps and their app webs

I have an app which has lists in its app web. Is their a way to backup the list and data for the following reasons?

  1. Upgrading app.
  2. Migrating app.
  3. Option to backup and restore list and library items.

SharePoint Online Provider hosted app upgrade error

I have a provider hosted app with AppInstalled, AppUninstalling and AppUpgraded event receivers. Remote web for this app is hosted on Azure VM. App is available to all site collection through App Catalog site. I installed this app on one of my site collection. While testing the app upgrade feature, I encountered following error:

The content database on the server is temporarily unavailable. Details: 0×80070002 There is no Web named “/_Copy.

I retried multiple times but no luck. I also tried on different site collections but I get the same error.

Furthermore, I observed that it is happening only with ‘AppUpgraded’ event receiver added. Upgrade works when I remove this event receiver.

Angular JS in sharepoint 2013 script editor web part issue

I have written a very simple script to test angularJS ng-repeat. Here is the script

<script type="text/javascript" src=""></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src=""></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/_layouts/15/sp.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> 

var app = angular.module('myApp',[]);
    $scope.People=["Name 1","Name 2"];


<div ng-app="myApp">
    <div ng-controller="myController">
            <li ng-repeat="person in People">{{person}}</li>

When I paste this script in a script editor web part and click “Apply” in the web part, the script goes in an infinite loop and keeps on repeating the LI
I have to close the browser tab and open it again. By when I open the site again, the web part looks fine when the page is not in edit mode and the values are properly binded to the “LI”.

Looks like the issue occurs only in the edit mode of the page. Any clue what is causing this. I am not able to figure out.

SharePoint Online Provider Hosted app Many to Many Relation lists

I working in SharePoint Online Provider Hosted app

I have two lists having a many to many relationship

My question is: What is best way to implement this?
By lookup field or list?

SharePoint Online Provider Hosted App Context Token Is NULL On Postback

I have a provider hosted app in SharePoint Online. The problem I have is sometimes on postback the TokenHelper Class method GetContextTokenFromRequest is returning Context Token as NULL

  ContextToken = TokenHelper.GetContextTokenFromRequest(Page.Request);

Show / Integrate Java application in SharePoint?

I have a web application with .Net and java platform. I have one task like when login in SharePoint portal we need to show some application link i.e (java or .net) and when click on link that application will open in SharePoint portal.

Suppose I click on java appliaction it will open inside the SharePoint portal using iframe or any other

Can you suggest me what I can do?

Add/delete list item using knockoutjs

I need knockout js code to add/delete a list item. Any ideas?

SharePoint can't find/open my app after installation

New to SharePoint. I have created a basic SharePoint-hosted app (no content; only default code/config), packaged it in VS and uploaded it to the App Catalog. When I locate the app on the team site and install it, everything seems grand, but when I go to open it after installation, it says my browser cannot find the server at the app location. How do I connect SP to my app correctly?

Sorry my problem is a bit open-ended. I really have no idea what I’m doing. If you’re wondering what my App Domain is set to under Central Administration > Apps > App Management > Configure App URLs, it is simply the root server name that SharePoint is located on.

When it comes to having a configured, isolated sub-domain–basically, I don’t. The site is internal and my boss keeps telling me none of that is necessary. So my guess is that I’m missing something in that area. I can tell you though that I do have an App Management Service and Subscription Settings Service running on the server.

Thanks for any help. At this stage SP is still a huge writhing octopus to me.

Implement multi select lookup using listbox control in aspx page

How can I implement the multi look up select list items functionality in SharePoint using C#?

Please help me with some code, I am using two list boxes and have added a add remove button on the page, but I have set postback true on listbox item.

So the page posts back once I select any item. I do not want this to happen as I just want to move items from one listbox control to another.

I have used JavaScript to move items but since lookup items are rendered like 88;#name, I am not able to save it, as JavaScript will only move the item and it will not consider it as lookup item.

In short I just want a nice solution to implement the below functionality in an c# page.

enter image description here

SharePoint Hosted App Code behaves different

This code is working if i dont use it in a app. But in a app its not working. The app is sharepoint hosted, and the list is on the same domain as the app.

context = new SP.ClientContext.get_current();
    web = context.get_web();
    var currentUser = context.get_web().get_currentUser();
    var list = web.get_lists().getByTitle('popupNews');
    var query = new SP.CamlQuery.createAllItemsQuery();
    this.items = list.getItems(query);

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘items’ of undefined

Question and Answer is proudly powered by WordPress.
Theme "The Fundamentals of Graphic Design" by Arjuna
Icons by FamFamFam